Friday, June 5, 2015

Ruby the Bitch

Ruby was the one of the 1st rescues that I attended when I started working with an SPCA. She was abandoned at the gates of one of our Executive Member in Alkapuri along with 6 puppies. We did not have a driver for our ambulance, so I took one of our helpers (Khodabhai) and went in an auto rickshaw. Initially Ruby was very scared and protective of her pups, which was quite understandable. For me it was my 1st rescue, expect for loving animals, there was no other experience whatsoever, and I guess it was the same for Khodabhai. However, all the 3 of us braved it, trusted one another and ensured that the rescue was completed without any mishaps.
Ruby was brought to the shelter, and fed, bathed, vaccinated and over a period of time she became a friendly dog walking like a queen. Ruby was not in any way worried about her crooked ears or her (so-called) not so pretty face. She use to strut along the campus, stare in to every other four-legged creatures, threw her authority around.
Every day when I went on my rounds she would walk along and inspect (go alone knows what) and have that satisfying look which probably said, Ok everything seems to be under control”. However, one thing that bothered was her scabies, which did not seem to reduce or vanish with all the medications that she was administered to.

Solution came in the form of a student from a homeopathic college student, who said that he would give us some medication, which may help Ruby. After consulting my vet, we saw that with homeopathy we were not going to lose anything. The medicine worked wonders and Ruby got a nice brown shine and smooth hair which helped in reducing scabies.

No comments: